Pest Control In El Cajon, California
El Cajon gets its nickname, "the box," from the shape of the valley mountains that surround it. With its suburban feel and incredible scenery, El Cajon has it all, so it's no surprise that many people call this place home.
If only the surrounding mountains could protect residents and businesses from undesirable pests. Unfortunately, pests are a problem for many people. But you don't have to stress about unwanted invaders because Bite Away Termite & Pest Control is here to help!
Bite Away Termite & Pest Control has provided homes and businesses with San Diego County pest control for 25+ years. We are ready to continue our high level of customer service when working with you on your residential or commercial property.
Residential Pest Control In El Cajon
Want to keep pests out of your home? The most effective way to do so is with professional assistance. DIY pest control doesn't cut it against most of the area's pests. In many cases, DIY methods can actually make infestations worse because they don't get to the root of the problem and leave pests to continue re-infesting.
Bite Away Termite & Pest Control uses a tried and true process for our residential customers
- First, we start with a detailed inspection to understand the problems you are experiencing, which helps us determine appropriate treatment methods for your property.
- Next, we will perform the necessary treatments for your specific problems.
- Last, we will follow up with ongoing services to help you maintain a pest-free home.
Contact Bite Away Termite & Pest Control to request your quote and start protecting your home and family against pests.
Commercial Pest Control In El Cajon
If you have put all your energy into a business, you want to protect it as best you can. Part of protecting your business is thinking about pests and how to keep them out. With Bite Away Termite & Pest Control, you don't have to worry about how you will keep pests away.
We tailor our commercial pest control services to meet the needs of each client we are working with because one-size-fits-all approaches don't work. To do this, we start with an inspection of the interior and exterior of your property; then, we will customize the necessary treatments.
Our approach gives you personalized services and allows us to adhere to industry regulations for your facility. Facilities we service include:
- Medical Facilities
Our Bite Away Termite & Pest Control technicians are ready to provide you with the pest-free results you desire, so call us today to get started.
Why Cockroaches Are Big Problems For El Cajon Homes
Cockroaches are not just unsightly; they are dangerous and cause many problems for the homes they infest. Here is a list of all the issues that come with a cockroach infestation:
- Contamination of food, surfaces, and personal items with waste and saliva
- Trigger allergies and asthma by leaving shed skin and waste
- Cause damage with their droppings
- Spread different diseases and pathogens like E. coli, cholera, gastroenteritis, leprosy, listeriosis, giardia, and dysentery
- Cause time and money to be spent trying to eliminate them
- Create a stressful environment for people and pets, which can lead to insomnia and other health concerns
If you see any signs of cockroaches in your home, like chew marks on food packaging, ground pepper-like droppings, or smear marks, you should contact professionals right away for help. Trying to use store-bought products won't work for this pest because they continue to develop a resistance to conventional products.
Bite Away Termite & Pest Control provides the services you need for a cockroach-free home, whether you have an active infestation or want to prevent one from happening.
What To Do If Termites Have Made Their Way Into Your El Cajon Home
Termites are the most destructive wood-damaging pest in North America, causing billions of dollars worth of damage each year. So as you can see, having termites in your El Cajon home is not something you should take lightly. If you suspect termites have made their way into your home, you should contact pest control experts immediately, and here's why:
- Waiting to take care of a termite problem will only give them more time to do damage.
- Identifying the type of termites you are dealing with is essential to proper treatment, and this is where you will need the experts.
- Inspecting termite damage can be dangerous depending on how long they have been active and how large the colony is.
- DIY control methods won't work with termites.
Bite Away Termite & Pest Control can help you with termites on your property, so call us today to get started with one of our knowledgeable technicians.
How To Be Sure It's Bed Bugs In Your El Cajon Home
Have you ever seen a bed bug? Most people have not had the experience of finding these pests crawling around inside their homes. Even individuals currently dealing with bed bug infestations do not always see these nasty insects; this is because bed bugs are elusive. They only come out at night and hide in hard-to-reach places during the day.
One of the best ways to identify these little nuisances is to look for the signs they leave behind. Here are a few signs of bed bugs to check for inside your El Cajon home today:
- Blood stains on your bed covers and bedding
- Shed skin inside cracks and crevices around your home
- Fecal droppings around your bed and bedroom
- A musty odor in the air
- Tiny pearl-colored eggs
If you spot these pests, identify them by their 1/4-inch-long, oval-shaped, reddish-brown bodies. For more help identifying a bed bug problem inside your El Cajon home, our team is here to help. Call us today to learn more about our identification services and find out if you need professional bed bug control services in El Cajon.
Spiders Often Follow Pest Prey Into The El Cajon Home
Spiders are interesting pests; this is to say they are not motivated to invade homes for the same reason many other local species are. Where pests like ants, rats, and cockroaches might come indoors to find shelter, human food, and moisture, spiders only invade for one reason. They invade to hunt for other pests. A spider is not affected by cold or hot temperatures and does not need much moisture to survive. They only need other tiny creatures to hunt. Keeping this in mind, if you regularly find flies, cockroaches, beetles, or other pests inside your El Cajon home, expect spiders to be close behind.
The best way to prevent all of these pests is with general pest control courtesy of Bite Away Termite & Pest Control. Talk with us today to better understand our pest control offerings and say goodbye to spiders for good.
How To Prevent Future Flea Infestations In Your El Cajon House
No one likes dealing with fleas. These pests are not just annoying; they are also dangerous because of the many diseases they carry and spread. Fleas will often enter homes by riding on the back of wild animals and pets. If you have outdoor pets, you are naturally more likely to find fleas indoors. The question is, how can you stop these tiny pests from getting inside your home? For this, you have a few options.
Let's start with a few DIY tips that our experts recommend:
- Make sure your outdoor pets have some form of flea and tick prevention. Talk to your veterinarian if you need help determining what methods are best for you.
- Install a fence around your garden and yard to keep away flea-carrying wildlife.
- Trim your grass regularly and keep up with general landscaping.
- Pick up food that drops into your yard to deter wild animals.
- Limit the amount of time your pet spends outdoors if they do not have flea protection.
- Bathe your pets regularly.
- Check your pets for fleas if they start to bite or scratch their fur more frequently.
If you are dealing with an active flea infestation inside your El Cajon home, do not worry. We have what you need to get these pests out. If you are looking for general pest control to stop these insects from coming indoors, we have options for this as well. Contact us today to learn more.
Rodent Control The Easy Way In El Cajon
Rodents have a habit of finding the path of least resistance and taking it. This often involves invading local homes and businesses to gain access to easy food, moisture, and shelter opportunities; this is not good for locals. Having rodents indoors can lead to severe problems, including disease, destruction, and general annoyance.
The question is, how do you get and keep these pests out? We recommend starting with some DIY exclusion. This might involve sealing holes and gaps in your home's foundation, repairing damage to windows and doors, and installing a rodent-proof cap on your chimney.
An even better option is to hire our team at El Cajon. We are experts in rodent control. Whether you need help identifying, removing, or preventing an infestation, we have what you need. All you have to do is let us know you need help. We will schedule a detailed inspection of your home and property, assess the extent of your rodent troubles, and help you handle these pests in a safe and effective manner.
Reach out to Bite Away Termite & Pest Control today to schedule an appointment for rodent control services in El Cajon.