Pest Control In San Diego, CA
San Diego, California, is a bustling metropolis that around 1.4 million people call home. With its gorgeous, sunny weather and sprawling streets filled with tons of things to do, it is no wonder so many people have settled down here. San Diego is home to countless restaurants, art galleries, and other fun attractions, making it a popular spot for tourists as well. Whether you own a home or a business, professional pest control in San Diego County should be of the utmost importance. Read on to learn how Bite Away Termite & Pest Control can help your home or business stay pest-free today!
Residential Pest Control In San Diego
Whether you are in an apartment, condo, or own a home, residential pest control in San Diego is essential. Because a larger amount of people living close together also means an increase in pest populations, the question is not if you get a pest infestation; it is when. When that happens, Bite Away Termite & Pest Control is here to help. We offer prompt services because we understand that finding pests in your home is an unnerving and frustrating experience. If you call us in the morning, we will be there that afternoon. With the use of eco-friendly products, our expert technicians are armed with the skills and tools required to safely and effectively exterminate whatever pest has invaded your home. With over 30 years of experience in effective pest management, we are intimately familiar with the patterns and habits of San Diego pests. If you are experiencing an infestation, don’t wait; call us today!
Commercial Pest Control In San Diego
As business owners, we understand full well how important it is to manage your reputation. In this day and age, with the power of social media, your business’s hard-earned reputation can tank with the posting of a single photo of a pest in your establishment. Similar to our residential treatments, we provide free commercial pest control inspections and use eco-friendly products when treating your infestation. After exterminating an infestation, our technicians will work with you to implement prevention strategies to ensure pests do not return. If you are concerned about your business, don’t wait until you have a full-blown infestation — give us a call today!
The Trick To Spotting A Bed Bug Problem In Your San Diego Home
One of the reasons pest control in San Diego County is so important is the massive number of bed bugs we have here. Professional bed bug control is always needed to exterminate bed bugs entirely.
Below are some ways you can spot an infestation before it gets out of hand:
- A distinctive, musty odor is usually the first sign of bed bugs in a San Diego home.
- If you are starting to notice bloodstains on your bedsheets, this could be a sign that bed bugs have invaded your home. Because they bite you when you sleep, blood droplets slip through and stain your sheets.
- As bed bugs grow, they shed their skins, leaving them behind for anyone to find. Additionally, finding bed bug eggs means that you have a severe problem because this indicates they have had time to reproduce.
- Wherever there are bed bugs, there will be bed bug feces. These resemble little black pepper kernels and can be found anywhere there are bed bugs.
If you have found signs of bed bugs in your home, contact Bite Away Termite & Pest Control to assist you with professional, proven methods for total bed bug control.
What You Need To Know For Effective Flea Control In San Diego
Certainly, no one wants a repeat of the bubonic plague, especially in a place with as many people as San Diego. The best way to get rid of fleas is with a professional such as Bite Away Termite & Pest Control, but there are things you can do to help control them, such as:
- Vacuum and sweep your home often to suck up both flea eggs and adult fleas, making it harder for them to establish themselves in your home or business.
- Be sure to wash bedding and sheets regularly with hot water and soap, as this will kill existing adults and destroy any flea eggs.
- If animals are on the premises, be sure to regularly seek out professional veterinarian care. They will prescribe the best products to help prevent fleas from latching onto these animals.
Bite Away Termite & Pest Control is the best way to get rid of fleas, as we have been dealing with them in the San Diego area for over 30 years.
The Trick To Spotting Signs Of Termites On Your San Diego Property
The average termite population goes undetected for more than 18 months, which means that the toll they take on your San Diego property is likely a slow burn. Because termites live inside of walls, foundations, and flooring, it can be difficult for you to detect their presence. Some of the signs that might indicate the presence of termites in your home are:
- Peeling floor tiles
- Sunken ceilings
- Piles of frass, which is termite excrement that resembles sawdust
- Tiny pinholes in walls
- Swollen floors
- Walls that sound hollow
- Bubbling paint or wallpaper
- Mud tubes
- Wood with a blistered or shredded appearance
- Noticing termite swarmers, which are winged termites looking to start their own colony
To learn more about our termite control services in San Diego, call Bite Away Termite and Pest Control for reliable service today.
How To Tell If Your San Diego Home Has A Cockroach Problem
The cockroach is one type of pest that works its hardest not to come into contact with people, so it’s very easy to develop an outbreak in your San Diego home and not even be aware that it exists. They typically prefer to live near their food sources, which can mean that they populate near pipes, garbage bins, and inside pantry drawers.
Some of the other key signs that you might be dealing with a San Diego cockroach problem include:
- A strong, foul odor that gets emitted with their pheromones
- Fecal matter that looks like pepper flakes or flecks of dirt
- Cockroaches at any stage of life
- Shed body parts or skin
- Nibble marks on cereal boxes or other food packaging
For more information on cockroach control, contact Bite Away Termite and Pest Control today.
Is This Spider In My San Diego Home Dangerous?
Spiders in San Diego are a routine part of life because of how easy it can be for homeowners to attract them onto your property without your knowledge. Something as simple as having mosquitoes or ants can be enough to lure spiders and luckily, many of the species in the area are only a nuisance. That said, there are two kinds of spiders that are potentially very harmful to your well-being that you need to be on the lookout for.
The black widow spider and brown recluse are both considered very dangerous because of the venom that their bites contain. The brown recluse varies in its shade of brown but will always have some form of a violin stamped on its abdomen, while the black widow is a shiny black, has long thin legs, and has a red hourglass shape on its body. Neither spider is in search of human interaction, but it’s easier than you might think to come across one. The brown recluse is a very skilled hunting spider so it is constantly on the move in their quest for food. And while the female black widow waits in her web for food to scamper by, you could easily come across a web in your basement or closet and not even know it. It’s also very easy to startle one of these types of spiders, making them feel threatened or harmed, which then sets off their need to bite you.
For spider control regardless of the species, contact Bite Away Termite and Pest Control today.
Why You Cannot Afford To Ignore Rodent Problems In San Diego
Rodents like squirrels, rats, and mice are all able to make your San Diego home theirs as well, but there are several important reasons why you cannot afford to ignore the signs of infestation. Some of the key facts include:
- Property damage: Whether you’re dealing with squirrels taking up shelter in the attic or mice living inside of your walls, all rodents need to chew constantly in order to keep their front teeth from overgrowing. This may harm your insulation, ruin electrical cords, and create openings in your walls where they didn’t once belong.
- Possibility for other pests: Rodents are frequently carriers of parasitic pests like fleas, mites, and ticks. These outbreaks are notoriously difficult to contain and can prove harmful for both you and your pets, with their affiliation with anemia, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, murine typhus, and heartworm.
- Infestation size: When you see one rodent in your home, that’s very rarely the only one. Mice are capable of producing an average of eight litters a year and rats can have around six. Most rodents can begin reproducing before they’re two months old, which starts the cycle all over again.
- The spread of health risks: Rodents are sneaky pests and they leave behind piles of droppings, saliva, and urine where you would least expect it. When particles of these byproducts spread throughout the air, it’s common for individuals to experience allergic reactions as well as an increase in asthma. But when they infest beverages and food, they can pass along pathogens that lead to tularemia, hantavirus, salmonellosis, and countless other health issues.
For more information on rodent removal in San Diego for your home, call Bite Away Termite and Pest Control today.