Squash Out The Threat Of A Spider Infestation In San Diego
July 15, 2022
Spiders are commonly feared pests that can cause painful bites, sometimes requiring immediate medical treatment. If you have spotted spiders on your property, now is the time to learn which spiders native to California are dangerous and found in San Diego. Find out how to prevent them from taking over naturally, and the best way to keep spiders away.
If you have been struggling with a spider infestation in your home, Bite Away Termite and Pest Control provides pest control solutions in San Diego that you can rely on to get rid of these pests for good.
Types Of Spiders In San Diego
Spiders prefer warm climates, so there is a wide variety of them in San Diego, where the different types of spiders can range from harmless to very dangerous. The most concerning ones you can find there are brown widow, desert recluse, and black widow spiders:
- Brown widows are about two inches long with a bulbous abdomen. Only the females are venomous.
- Desert recluse spiders have a venomous bite that can take time to heal and cause extensive skin damage.
- Black widow spiders have a red hourglass shape on the abdomen. They are one of the ten most dangerous spiders in North America.
If you spot a spider in your house and suspect it might be dangerous, reach out to a professional pest control company immediately. Attempting to deal with it yourself could lead to painful bites or more life-threatening conditions.
Are Spiders Dangerous Enough To Kill People?
While most spiders are not dangerous enough to kill people, there is still an extensive list of spiders that can, including some commonly found in San Diego. While they usually try to stay away from people, the chances of a spider infestation leading to a bite are pretty high due to their increasing numbers once they have established themselves in your home.
If you are seeing dangerous spiders or an abnormally large amount of spiders on your property, reach out to the professionals to determine the best course of action to get rid of spiders in your house.
Five Natural Spider Prevention Tips
Preventing spiders from invading can go a long way in controlling a potential infestation. Here are five natural spider prevention tips you can use:
- Keep your home dust-free. Spiders like to make webs and lay eggs in dusty areas. Dusting and vacuuming regularly can help keep spiders away.
- Keep your home organized and uncluttered. Spiders prefer to hide in cluttered areas where they feel safe.
- Keep your yard clean. Tall grasses, woodpiles, leaves, and more are perfect hiding places for spiders.
- Seal cracks and crevices. Seal all cracks in your home so they have fewer options to come indoors.
- Address additional entry points. Close gaps in windows and doors and install mesh screens as spiders can easily go through small gaps in windows and door frames. Spiders will have a more difficult time coming inside your home if you close them off as much as possible.
As with many pests, the best way to get rid of spiders naturally is to consult with a pest control expert who can advise you on the best treatments and control methods that fit your needs.
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Away
The best way to get rid of spiders is to have a treatment plan adapted to your situation. Not every spider infestation can be taken care of the same way, and control methods will depend on the type of spider, how established the infestation is, and why spiders were able to invade in the first place.
If you have been struggling with a spider infestation in your home, Bite Away Termite and Pest Control provides spider control in San Diego you can rely on to get rid of these pests for good.
No one wants spiders to invade their home. If spiders have taken over your San Diego home, it is crucial that you identify them and get rid of them as soon as possible before the infestation gets out of control.